212 Marshall St

This building, located just off Capitol Ave, was built in 1900. While undergoing a rehab it was destroyed by the 2019 tornado. It has since then been completely rebuilt.

Downstairs Living Room

The Shoe Factory

It was built in 1905 by the Giesecke-D’Oench-Hays Shoe Company and served as a shoe factory continuously until 1970. Giesecke-D’Oench-Hays Shoe Company was absorbed by Friedman-Shelby Shoe Company in 1910. Freidman-Shelby was in turn acquired in 1912 by International Shoe Company in St. Louis, the largest shoe manufacturer in the United States.

inside on 5th floor